Sometimes JC, my 5-year-old son, will be having a perfectly fine day and then…SOMETHING HAPPENS.
Maybe he spills his milk. Maybe I make him clean up his legos. Maybe he sees a beetle and he really wanted to see a lady bug. The reason isn’t important. He’s 5 and that means STOMPING FEET POUTY FACE “MOOOOOOOOOOM! This is the WORST THING EVER TO HAPPEN.”
Wouldn’t you, as an adult, just love to be able to do that every now and then? Not all the time, because consistent hissy fits would make us like bratty reality stars without the giant paychecks. But once in a while, when you have a really frustrating first world problem, wouldn’t it be nice to throw down and have a legit tantrum? Here are some reasons I occasionally feel like having a grown-up melt down:
- I’ve recently cut caffeine and sugar out of my diet, so Starbucks is a super big treat. When I go through that drive-through and take a big gulp and realize they got my order wrong, I want to pound my fists and yell “HULK SMASH!”
- When I drag all of the clean laundry into the closet and realize last week’s clean laundry is still on the floor in a pile.
- When I finally get to sit down to look at Instagram and I get halfway through the day’s posts and my phone does something screwy and it refreshes the feed and I have to start over.
- 10 minutes into any workout. Once I get past that first 10-15 minutes, I’m okay. But man do I feel like whining at the beginning.
- When nothing in my closet fits right. Anyone else have this issue? When even your favorite sweater just doesn’t work? UGH.
What makes you want to stomp your feet?
This post is brought to you by Mama Kat’s Writing Workshop link up! Go check her out. Her vlogs are a riot and will make you laugh no matter how grouchy you feel.