The year is half over. The year is half over.
Apparently, I blinked and missed it. I was in Target today and the school supplies are out. My heart broke a little bit.
In January I made a list of ways 2015 was going to be the best year ever: goals, hopes, dreams. I thought now would be a good time to check in on them…before, you know, fall arrives.
Lets start with things I’ve accomplished from my list:
- I’m going to publish a book this year. The Goldens will come out this fall and I just know (wink wink) that you’re all going to want to read it.
- I read Judy Blume’s new book. Stay tuned for a review next week.
- I have watched Friends and Gilmore Girls on Netflix. I’m not sure how this really accomplishes anything, but it makes me happy.
- I have survived the giant changes that have happened in my world, and I am the most change averse person on the planet. I am proud to say I only had to put myself in time out a minimal amount.
- I’m going to call my healthy living blog, Girl Seeking Healthy, an accomplishment…even thought I took a hiatus from it while we moved. I’m back to blogging there, so check it out!
- Two of my best friends have moved closer to me–my very oldest friend to my very own city, and my college roommate to North Carolina. Still a bit of a drive for us to visit, but much closer than Long Island where she was finishing up a medical fellowship. And–added bonus–my BFF who lives in Denver just got engaged. Good things happening all around in the girlfriend department.
- My husband and I celebrated 10 years together this year. For better or worse, I’m glad I’m trekking through life with him.
And the things left on the list:
- I still haven’t had that family portrait taken.
- My “to read” list is still reaching epic proportions.
- I haven’t been to the new reptile house at Zoo Atlanta. For shame, city girl!
- I have not learned how to speak Italian or make my own pasta. Do you think it counts if I watch The Sopranos while eating pasta from that nice man at the farmer’s market?
- We have not managed any weekend getaways. We did get a family vacation in May, though, so I’m not complaining.
- I have not doing a single crafty Pinterest project. And yet, I keep pinning…
So there we have it. I think I’m making pretty good progress but I still have a lot to do.
How are your goals coming so far for 2015?