Welcome to another Writers Workshop Thursday, brought to you by Mama Kat! Today’s topic: 20 ways this is going to be the best year yet.
1. Because Judy Blume is going to publish another adult novel. Are you there, God? It’s me, Allyson…thank you for finally answering that request!
2. Because I’m going to publish a book this year. No, I don’t have an agent, or a publisher…yet. But I do have some great rough drafts, the makings of a kick-ass query letter and a whole lot of belief in myself.
3. Because Friends and Gilmore Girls are on Netflix now.
4. Because I’m not allowed to pin anything crafty until I finish a project I’ve already pinned. Less mental clutter and more fun projects.
5. Because I get to host a #DisneySide party next month! Stayed tuned for a review.
6. Because things are a little crazy at my house right now. We’re facing some big changes as a family, which is terrifying…but I’m trying to remind myself that change doesn’t have to be bad and can be the start of exciting opportunities. Time to bloom!
7. Because of this blog and my newly refreshed fitness blog, Girl Seeking Healthy. I love writing and blogging and I love getting to know my readers.
8. Because I’m working on a “long weekend getaway” wish list. There are lots of places I want to visit–and a fair number of them are close by. Mini break, anyone?
9. Because two of my BFF’s are moving and they will be closer to me. Hurrah!
10. Because JC turns 5 this year, which is important because “it’s a whole HAND, mom.”
11. Because I’m going to learn to make my own pasta this year.
12. Because I’m going to learn to speak Italian this year.
13. Because my husband and I celebrate a decade of being together this year, and I think that’s a big deal.
14. Because Zoo Atlanta is opening their brand new reptile house this year. Little boy heaven, anyone?
15. Because even though 2015 has already thrown me a lot of curve balls, there is still plenty of time to look up and keep perspective.
16. Because I just discovered this awesome independent bookstore and plan to spend a lot of time in it.
17. Because I’ve finally mastered my iPhone, and I can’t upgrade until December, so I have a full year of knowing what buttons to push.
18. Because for every book I read, I find two more to add to my “to read” list. Best problem ever.
19. Because I’m determined to have a family portrait taken this year. We haven’t had one done since JC was 14 months old.
20. Because there are new paths to explore, sticks to whack trees with, friends to make and naps to take. What else could a girl want?